Monday, November 25, 2013

Preparing for the Holidays in an Early Childhood Special Education Classroom

I feel like I turned the calendar page to October and got blindsided by the Holidays!! Ready or not....here they are and the time is perfect to share a newsletter I wrote for kansasasd.com titled "A Teacher's Guide to Holiday Happiness".

The purpose of this publication is to remind teachers that successful holiday celebrations begin with socially prepared students.  The social components of traditions & holiday festivities can be practiced and prepared for prior to the big day. 



If you would like the pdf versions of the Boardmaker files (social narrative for holiday mealtimes & greeting card deliveries) that were shared in the newsletter, just send me an email.  If you have Boardmaker and would like to modify these narratives, you can do so by logging on to Boardmaker Share and searching for "Considerate Classroom". 

Best wishes as you plan special holiday activities for your students and children!!  Family and classroom traditions can be a great way to build social connections and classroom togetherness.  Remember practice to achieve holiday success!  

When I count my blessings this Thanksgiving, I will be thinking of all the great teachers, school administrators, and parents who I have met this year as a result of this blog.  Thank you for listening and responding. Your kind words mean more than you'll ever know! :)

Happy Holidays to the Considerate Classroom Community!!

--Lindy


6 comments:

  1. Thanks in favor of sharing such a nice idea, paragraph

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why it's very hard to find, but I'm very fortunate to read your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m looking for a lot of data on this topic. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.

    ReplyDelete