Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter-Themed Pre-K Classroom Activity: "What's in the Egg?"

Collect six different colored Easter eggs and fill them with different items.  I have two sets: one I fill with familiar items such as a key, a toy dinosaur, and a crayon and then the other set I fill with magnetic letters for my older students to work on letter identification.

During small group, I give each student a copy of this worksheet. I put the worksheet in a page protector so I can use them from year to year.  The children use dry-erase markers or crayons to complete the activity.


They take turns pulling an egg out of the bag.  They open the egg and tell their friends what was in the egg. 


All the children then find that colored egg on their paper and draw a line from the egg to the object or letter that was in the egg.  


No comments:

Post a Comment