Monday, December 17, 2012

Pre-K Activity: Sharing a Little Peace on Earth

As a tribute to those who lost their lives in last Friday's tragedy, I am sharing this year's ornament a little early.  Although some of the recipients of this year's ornament have not yet received it, I wanted to get the idea out to share with others as it is much needed this holiday season. 

                                   

There are two ways you can make the ornament.  My five year-old son is very into painting right now so he actually took green paint & a paint brush and used a globe as a model to paint his own re-creation of Earth. 



My students and 18 month-old son did it a little differently. I painted different parts of their hands and let them press the paint onto the bulb.  In my opinion, these ornaments are a little more unique because it's got each child's individual touch, making each ornament an one-of-a -kind. 



Above is a closer look at the tag on the ornament, it reads:
 "Giving you a little. . .Peace on Earth, this Holiday Season!  
Merry Christmas 2012! Love, -----" 

Mommy Tip:  On the ornaments my boys made for our family, friends, and neighbors I had my younger son, Payton, paint and my older son, EJ, write "PEACE". I then added the phrase, "The Earth was painted by Payton and the Peace was written by EJ." to the ornament tag.  If you would like the tags in a word document send me a quick email and I will get them to you. 

Money Saving Tip: Ornaments are 50% off this week at Hobby Lobby!

***My sincerest thoughts go out to the families, teachers, staff, and classmates who lost those near and dear to them on Friday, December 14, 2012.  You will forever be in our hearts. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment